The Galway City Sightseeing Hop-on / Hop-off Open-top bus tour provides you with a comprehensive overview of the medieval town and allows you to explore each area as you please. Our tour operates seven days per week and tickets are valid for 48 hours. The tour takes about 1 hour to complete.
City Sightseeing Galway Highlights
The original Galway City Tour is a hop-on hop-off tour that allows you to see the very best of the City of the Tribes. The majority of popular sights in Galway are located near the city centre. This tour gives an overview of Galway and tells the story from how it once was, to how it became what it is today.
Known for its nightlife, winding streets, and abundance of festivals, Galway is bursting with friendly people, culture and history. Explore Galway with our friendly guides to learn about this colourful city and see it from the best perspective: an open top bus!
Your ticket is valid for 48 hours, during which time you can hop-on an off as often as you wish. Our frequent departures from Eyre Square and Salthill make it easy for you to explore our favorite city at your own pace.
- Departure Point: Eyre Square
Stop 2: Galway Coach Station
- Brown’s Doorway
- Cafe Express
Stop 3: Spanish Arch
- Galway City Tourist Office (Tickets available from the tourist office for other Day Tours)
- Lally Tours Ticket Office
Stop 4: Salthill Village
- Wolfe Tone Bridge
- Galway City Museum (Tues to Sat: 10am-5pm, Sun:12pm-5pm, free entrance)
- The Long Walk (shown in Ed Sheeran’s ‘Galway Girl’ music video)
- Shop Street
- St. Nicholas’ Church
- Lynch’s Castle
- Local Jewellers
- Famous Music Pubs
Stop 5: Salthill Promenade
- Salthill Promenade (East)
- Bon-Bon Shop
- O’Connor’s Pub (shown in Ed Sheeran’s ‘Galway Girl’ music video)
- National Aquarium of Ireland
Stop 6: Threadneedle Road
- Salthill Promenade (West)
- Galway Bay Hotel
- Circle of Life Park (free entrance)
- Blackrock Diving Tower
Stop 7: Newcastle
- View over the City (Great panaramic view of all the attractions of Galway City!)
- Pearse Stadium
Stop 8: Galway Cathedral
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Corrib Village
- Galway Cathedral (Open daily for visitors from 08:30 until 18:30, entrance by donation)
- Salmon Weir Bridge
- Nun’s Island
- Town Hall Theatre (Stop in for upcoming events and show tickets)
- Galway City Courthouse
- First tour departs at 10:30am from Stop 1, Eyre Square, Galway (outside the Bank of Ireland)
- You can Hop on/Hop off at any of our 8 designated bus stops
- Tours operate every 45 or 90 minutes (depending on season)
If you decide to get off at any of our designated bus stops there can be times where you will need to walk to specific events and attractions. Please come dressed appropriately for the season but keep in mind, the weather in Galway can be cold or wet at any time of the year.
- Comfortable shoes
- Your boarding ticket/voucher
- A camera – there will be a lot of great sights you’ll want to remember!
- Hop on/Hop off bus service
- Discounts on additional Day Tours operated by Lally Tours.
- Entrance fees into events and attractions